Sunday, July 4, 2010

I'm the luckiest.

     It seems like all I am thinking about these days is weddings! I have two sets of friends getting married in the next 2 months, my husband and I will be celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary this month! Our good friends, Mike and April, are actually getting married next weekend in Vegas which is even better because it's going to be so much fun reflecting upon our own wedding while we are back in Sin City. We are staying in the same hotel which will be so romantic. <3 I'm not usually a cheese-ball but thinking about our first year together I can't help it. I would do it all over again every year if we could (renew our vows that is). We will see, it would be rad to have time to sneak back to our chapel and renew our vows while we are back. I can't believe we've been husband and wife for a year and we've been in each others lives for 4 years in August. Amazing that we will get to celebrate that anniversary in the City of Love. Honestly, I feel like I'm about to get married again because of how happy I am for the celebrations we have in these next 30 days!

Driving to the chapel.... plain old boyfriend/girlfriend/fiance status.

Husband and wife cruising the Vegas Strip in a gorgeous Vintage Hot Rod. People on the streets were screaming at us like paparazzi (I'm not even exaggerating... some people even took pictures of us). Best day of my life, hands down.

 
Our first dance inside Treasure Island. I love seeing my Dad and Grandma having a blast in the photo on the right. My parents surprised me and few my grandma in from North Dakota without telling me. Brad even knew and he kept it a secret. <3 

 
I'm so glad I took these photos from inside the hot rod because when I look back at them I can honestly feel what it felt like to ride with the top down through Vegas. It's nothing like riding around in a regular car. The buildings seem more immaculate, the people are so chatty at each stop light, and it's just so much fun. I recommend everyone do it at least once. Hell, I highly recommend Vegas weddings. The stress was at a minimum and the fun memories were at an all time high. Brad and I are not the "look at me for 5 hours" type of people so a traditional wedding was never even an option. In fact, my mother will even tell you that I told her since I was a teenager and started thinking about weddings that I refused to have a white wedding. It always sounded so ordinary and common which is so not me. I've always been the type of person to create my own path and my wedding HAD to reflect that. I refused to pretend that walking down the isle in a white dress was what I had always wanted. Our wedding was the exact opposite: instead of walking down the isle my father drove us down the isle, the symphony music was replaced with rock and roll and the white dress was anything but. It was perfect in every way and the most perfect part was the man I married. C'mon... I told you this was going to be a cheese ball blog didn't I? Brad is the most caring and genuine person I've ever met and to this day I'm amazed by how thoughtful he is. He's the best balance I've ever seen in a man. He's manly enough to do get his hands dirty with things like car repair, home projects, yardwork, etc, yet he has a soft side without being a complete sissy (I've dated a few sissies in my life and they didn't last very long with me. If I want to date a female...... well I don't!) This has turned into rambling so I will end it by saying that I'm the luckiest woman to have the most amazing husband. <3


**Side Note: I randomly chose my blog background because I liked the tone of the colors and I just realized it's a Marriage Certificate. How perfect for this month!

No comments: